Share | 

The Rules of Roleplaying

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cromwell II
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Rules of Roleplaying   Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:51 pm

All right, I've noticed a few problems that have been reoccurring in this area of the forum for some time now, and I believe that it's high time you all figured it out. With permission granted from Kage, I'm going to lay down a few rules that MUST be followed when RPing with your fellow spies. Are you ready? Here goes.

Rule 1) NO GOD MODDING! I swear on my cat, the next time I see this happen, there WILL be a banning. If some of you can't seem to figure out what this is, I'll post up a few good examples for you to read, but I'm pretty sure you can all figure it out.

Rule 2) Follow the story of the roleplay. This is a big one you guys, so play close attention. If someone puts up a Left 4 Dead rp, you don't bring in characters from Final Fantasy. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, THATS WHY! If you don't know the background to a roleplay, DON'T TOUCH IT UNLESS YOU LOOK IT UP THOROUGHLY!

Rule 3) Posting. If it's not going to be more than one line, don't bother. Posting one line and then expecting someone else to try to go off that is just plain mean, and it pisses off the serious roleplayers. We don't like to RP with ourselves, and that's exactly what's happening when you post up those measly fragmented sentences.

Rule 4) Originality. If its an original RP make up good characters for it, don't just gank other characters for other series and tweak them a bit so they're different. I just witnessed this about 5 minutes ago, and by the gods was it OBVIOUS.

Rule 5) Spell check. If you don't know how to spell, there's a reason most web browsers come with an automated spell checker. It's when your words appear with a little red dotted line underneath them. Yeah, that's spell check; USE IT!

Rule 6) Prodigies. Stay away from these, because not everyone can be the prodigal son or daughter of some sort of wealthy family. Do you know what happens to those guys? They always die first and no one likes them. Why? Because they're stuck up snobby little punks that have no trace of a good personality, or at least that's how most of them are played. So, stop it.

That's all I have for now, but I'm pretty sure that there will be more to come, so keep an eye out.

The Rules of Roleplaying
Page 1 of 1