Intel Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to go and have fun with fellow Spies

HomeGalleryLatest imagesLog inRegisterGet back to HQ

New Harrisburg

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lilith
Admin
Admin
Lilith

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:51 pm

From the mind of Spook:

PUBLIC CITY LOG:

New Harrisburg is a city like any other. The tiered construction, the oppressive local government, the lack of architectural stability of the city as a whole, perfectly unnatural. You see, New Harrisburg is also entirely suspended in the air, by massive, thick balloons, looming over the city. Below, toxic gas seeps into every pore of all materials, rendering a lot of innocent people very, very dead. The survivors of the incident took airships to the sky, to escape the heavy gas. They built balloons and a city from scrap, houses from scrapped airships if necessary. Teams in heavy gas masks still mine on the surface, a hellish existence, and eke out a living selling resources to the city's builders and craftsmen.

The people are tough and resourceful, building constructs and automatons of the loose gears and cogs lying around. Yet, more sinister forces than the mere citizens create more sinister devices. The Reavers inhabit the giant city's lowest deck. Tall, strangely warped men, the Reavers toil away in secrecy for a purpose unknown. They follow the enigmatic Mannequins, mobile porcelain dolls flawlessly and eerily beautiful, perfect in every detail. They rule the night, flitting in the shadows, collecting the dead and dying for their mysterious work.

It is not all gloom and despair for the locals however. Starting on the second tier, life begins to show itself. Seedy taverns and noisy apartments surface, and the population skulks the artificially lit streets. Green tinged gaslamps light the roads, and torches are common. Here the Mannequin's show their influence. In the dark alleys and back rooms of bars, the Rejected sell their bodies, once near-perfect china skin filthy and cracked from overuse. On the third, middle floor, more classy residences show themselves. Lamps and lanterns are king here, and everybody is a bit more upscale. Most people here make a living as shippers, ferrying resources - and people - into the city. The forth floor is devoted to the richest and most extravagant. The wealthy live idyllic lives here, drinking their days away and only occasionally doing something useful, like planning new architecture. Here also is where the government resides. Harsh regulations and taxes are enforced to "keep the citizens safe." It is overwhelmingly the case that the money is spent instead on new suits. The fifth floor is devoted to farmland, or what little farmland can be supplied from imported soil and livestock. A bare patch of sun glares down on the few farmers struggling to grow crops at the harsh altitude.

Yet, the most impressive structure in the air is not the city. That is merely the center peice, the crown jewel. Extending for miles around New Harrisburg is The Sprawl. A vast landscape of airships, tethered to the city's support balloons. Ornate, spiraling towers rise against the skyline, build on the larger ships. Some of them connect together to form neighborhoods, and some have been adapted as pirate ships, floating off at the captains whim and harassing the sailors bringing in resources.

The most dreaded ship by far is the frigate Drosselmeyer. It strikes with calculated precision, crewed by a ruthless band of white women, Rejected who refused to accept their place in society. Speaking of the Drosselmeyer, friends, that dread ship is the very thing we hunt today, the most dangerous, cunning, ruthless group of entities in the sky.

So, step right up to the booth, ladies and gents, step right up. If you could just tell me a little bit about yourself...
Back to top Go down
http://centralspies.bravehost.com
Lilith
Admin
Admin
Lilith

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Name: Carrigan
Race: Mannequin
Height/weight: 5' 2" 110 lb
Description: New Harrisburg Carrigan_by_windsurfer-d476s2j

Name: Serget
Race: Reaver
Ht/Wt: 7'4"/239lb
Description:
New Harrisburg Sergent_by_windsurfer-d47ij1c
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee
FaeoresWind

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Been a while since I did this. But here we go =D

Name: Alita
Height: 5'5
Weight: 135

Job: Mechanic, able to fix odd and ends where it be streetlights and gears and go into areas that most big burly mechanics wouldn't be able to fit in. Because of the pirates, she always carries a gun with her just in case, either scare, fire, and when in doubt smack them over the head with it cause of it's weight.

Descritption:
New Harrisburg Avatar12
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee
Spook

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:03 pm

A NOTE OF ASTONISHMENT:

Why, friends, already have I found three worthy applicants? If you would kindly step onto the docks to your right, we may begin the hunt shortly. Your gear shall be well accounted for and new accessories fit for a warmonger are readily available to you.

Allow me to introduce myself, travelers. My name is Edwin Sinclair, and I will be guiding your mission from this secure access terminal. As you will have surely noticed by now, you have been (forcibly, in your case Mr. Serget) given a strange looking wrist mounted device, which has by means entirely unknown to me mounted itself firmly to your wrist. You will note that the device shows your vitals as well as your location on a map. This is a mere precaution to assure you do not flee my cause.

Now, shall we begin? Friends, I will cordially remind you to please step onto the docks. If you do not, I will sent aides to assist you onto the ship with the utmost care.

---

Serget stared coldly at the large men surrounding him. Why had they signed up for this? He had followed Carrigan here and his duty was to her protection. He felt as though he had already failed. He looked at the device, with needles surrounding the inside, attached to his wrist and drew Carrigan closer. He was distressed by the cracks and holes the needles had left in her otherwise flawless porcelain skin. Those needles were sharp, to pierce ceramic like that. Serget glanced at their vitals and began to feel a small sense of accomplishment that at least to these barbarians they both appeared dead. He glared at the men once more and nudged Carrigan towards the ramshackle docks attached to the seedy tavern on Tier2.
Back to top Go down
Lilith
Admin
Admin
Lilith

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Carrigan looked mournfully down at her cracked wrist and tried to smooth over the chips in her skin. The Master would fix her and her dear Serget as soon as they got back though, she was a good girl and good girls were rewarded. She walked with her protector onto the docks and ship, curling her fragile body away from the sharp brass implements that made up the rigging.

"Sergent...the little lost lambs are here. Prancing, prancing. Soon we will be needed, the voices are calling, calling for us." She reached out and threaded their finger together, as she glared hatefully at the device on his wrist; already plotting ways to free her Reaver.
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee
FaeoresWind

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Alita looked at her pack and vitals unsure of what all of this meant. Surely there had to be a reasonable explanation behind all of this. She was nothing more than a mechanic a scrapper against the pirates if anything else. What was the purpose in bringing her here to this place. But from the look of things, it seemed that these people meant business and that to back out wouldn't be the smartest move.

Looking back at the others Alita was taken aback at who and what exactly she saw, the one that was called Serget look like his face had been disfigured beyond repair. And the companion with him...an elegant and lithe like figure but there was something about her eyes. Alita couldn't place it but there was about her that seemed so different. Again the mechanic could only assume that things would reveal itself....all in due time. All in due time.
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee
Spook

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Had he not been restricted by the breather, Serget would have smiled. The girl was older and smarter than she looked. He gripped her hand tightly and took a deep breath. "What do you think of this human with us Carri? Can you tell if she has hostile intent?" He glanced at the human woman, noting she looked nervous. Understandable. Serget strode up calmly to the newcomer and examined her more closely, hand on Carrigan's the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Lilith
Admin
Admin
Lilith

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Carrigan smiled and pulled him over to sit by the front, curling up in his lap, a gear in her legs catching and making them jerk spasmodically. She turned her head with a whirr-click and smiled at her Reaver knowing that the smaller ships made him nervous. When she had been newly made she'd almost stumbled off one to her dead, if he hadn't been watching her she would have been beyond repair.

"Fear not, my knight. The human is simply a lost kitling, making her way in the world by her cleverness and tricks. Nothing to fear from milk teeth."
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee
FaeoresWind

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:49 pm

A bizarre whir of clicks and clanks from gears caught Alitas attention who turned towards Serget and Carrigan who sat huddled in private conversation. It was when she did that second glance at them that it became clear at what exactly Carrigan was. She was a mechanical doll!!

The mechanic was in shock. She had heard the rumors about such things from other mechanics she had worked with but that's what she thought it was just rumors. To think that such a thing actually existed baffled Alita, plus if and when she would be able to get out of this mess, boy would she have some stories to tell the other mechanics back home!
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee
Spook

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Serget's eye crinkled behind his lens in the closest approximation of a grin he could muster. "I elect we speak to the 'milk teeth.' It's been a while now since we had non hostile companions."
Back to top Go down
Lilith
Admin
Admin
Lilith

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Carrigan nodded thoughtfully and beckoned for the strange human to come closer. Her arm and hand clinked as the porcelain, her white eyes catching the woman's own blue ones. Another chip came off her wrist as the needles, unable to get a grip on her clay skin, slid out a little from the movement.

"So you are right, Serget; as usual." She gave a misty smile at the woman, her delicate face moving in a way to allow it that even she didn't understand; yet it looked so organic she didn't question it.

"Come near little foxling. We wish no harm, no harm."
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee
FaeoresWind

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:12 pm

"Come near little foxling. We wish no harm, no harm." came Carrigans voice beckoning Alita towards her.

~An interesting choice of words.~ the mechanic thought. ~But I may as well join them, I have no idea what's to come and the last thing I need is to be stuck in a place with people I cannot trust.~

She walked towards them and sat next to them. "Do either one of you know how we got here to begin with?" Alita asked. A simple question to break the ice and begin a new line of questions for more to come. "I can't seem to remember much about how we got here or who our "gracious host" is for bringing us here to begin with
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee
Spook

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Serget looked impassively at the woman and intoned, "I don't have a clue how you got here, and the business Carrigan and I were on is no business of yours, terribly sorry. As for this Edwin Sinclair, I could not say. He has been polite, at least." The Reaver looked at Carrigans shredded arm, grateful the spikes were not long enough to penetrate the soft, sensitive tissue underneath. "However, his fate is sealed."
Back to top Go down
Lilith
Admin
Admin
Lilith

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Carrigan leaned back into her Reaver, a gear somewhere behind her face making a 'click-click-click' noise before going silent once again. She played with a soft thread coming off his vest before poking her fingers into the crevices in his feet, clearing out the congealed blood and dirt that had accumulated there. Her own shoes were long gone, leaving her in the ruins of her socks which were sodden with blood as well, with her little toes poking through.

"No near to bare your teeth just yet, dear Serget. Our esteemed host is not here; leave the growling for when he is present." She stroked gentle fingers down his cheek. "I assume we are here for this, Drosslmyer ship. There is someone on it that is dying, we are here to collect."
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee
FaeoresWind

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 pm

More questions than answers, Alita was twice as puzzled as before but decided there was not much that could be side for the time being...Yet there was one thing more, the name of that ship. Drosslmyer...she had heard about it once or twice but never really paid much attention to it. And now that she was here, Alita wish that she did.

~Someone dying and they're here to collect?~ she wondered looking at Carrigan curiously. ~Just what does she mean by that?~
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee
Spook

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:40 pm

The Reaver knelt, holding Carrigan's hand, as the ship took off. "Rejected Carri. What would they be doing piloting a ship? None of this makes sense."
Back to top Go down
Lilith
Admin
Admin
Lilith

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Carrigan tilted her head with a 'clack-click', a heavy red braid falling to the side and dangling limply. She gave the strange looking mechanic a steady stare, white eyes intent. With a hum she started working the wrist thing out of her skin.

"The Rejected are far more intelligent they we give them credit perhaps. They are trying to bring down Master's rule. They have killed their Reaver's and consumed them." Here she shivered and pressed back into Serget as if assuring herself he was still there. "They are unnatural beings, even more so then the normal mannequins. They wish to bring our city down upon our own heads then rule over the smoldering wreckage."

The red haired doll turned her face into her Reaver's chest, hiding it in the coarse material of his vest like a scared child. She didn't understand how any mannequin could be without their Reaver. Serget protected her, and loved her like a parent or sibling. She depended on him and he on her. It was a symbiotic relationship that the Master and his scientists had perfected.
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee
FaeoresWind

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Alita could only shake her head as they just sat there and waited for something to happen trying to reassure herself.

~Things would fall into place, all things would fall into place, it would just be a matter of time. That's all it would take, no more, no less.~

So many questions and just not enough answers, just what exactly was going on here?
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee
Spook

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:06 pm

MOST EXCELLENT TRAVELERS:

I note that you have now associated with each other. Excellent. I do so hope that you will be well acquainted when we meet at last. Now, I must let you know, we are heading straight for the Drosselmeyer, friends. I would humbly suggest you prepare yourself for the chase and eventual confrontation. If you will please proceed below decks, you will find there is suitable gear there. Select what you will.

Thank you for your time and consideration, friends.

We shall stay in touch.
~Sinclair

--------

Serget scowled at his wrist. The man was beginning to grate his nerves. He pulled Carrigan a bit closer as the group was 'coaxed' below decks by a group of large, heavily armed men. Upon arriving at the dimly lit storage hold, he examined the room. Guns and weapons of all makes scattered the floor and walls. Trunks of grenades and makeshift explosives sat across the far wall, and some very nice goggles hung from a rack jammed over the chest.
Back to top Go down
Lilith
Admin
Admin
Lilith

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Carrigan all but floated over to a crate of armor and dug through it, finding a body suit made out of a strange material that imitated the skin of an octopus when hiding. It took on the texture and color of the porcelain of her hand before going back to black. She hummed and started to pull off her ruined dress, slipping into the body suit and clipping it in place before hunting for the shoes. It covered her from her ankles to her throat, fingers included.

"Serget...there is some armor for you as well." She gently knocked on some plate armor in the pile before sitting down and pulling on the thick soled boots. She was not much of a fighter; her body was too fragile for it. But she WAS a good scout.
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee
Spook

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:19 pm

Serget grumbled. "May as well make use of what the bastards give us." He picked up the breastplate. It was much lighter than it looked. he pulled it on, not bothering with helms, seeing as how his head was pretty much indestructible anyways. Serget tossed a small sighted pistol to his Mannequin and picked up a large rifle, slinging it across his back and snatching a stun mace in one smooth motion.
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee
FaeoresWind

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Upon going down below deck, Alita saw quite an arsenal of weaponry and armory. What where they preparing a war of some kind?? Whatever they were preparing to face it was obvious that Alita would need more than just her trusty gun she kept in it's holster. She quickly grabbed a sturdier breastplate, as well as grabbing the grenade launcher and some extra grenades that came connected on a strap. Alita then grabbed one of the remaining shotguns that hung on the wall and took a small satchel that held some ammo along with it. If worse came to worse she could always use it to smack them whatever she was facing in the head with it.
Back to top Go down
Lilith
Admin
Admin
Lilith

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Carrigan strapped the pistol to her side before fixing what looked like a stem cycle helmet to her head with a reflective front for looking out. (Like Daft Punk gold guy only streamline and rounded more) She then strapped a multitude of knives on her person, sharp enough and strong enough to pierce the Rejecteds clay skin. With some smoke bombs hidden under her clothing she sidled up to her Reaver, all slick in black armor. She smiled at the other woman.

"Heavy Weapons, mm good choice."
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee
FaeoresWind

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Alita looked at her other companions. Decked out for battle, ready for what looked like a war. Just what was going to happen to them??? What were they going to face??

~Just keep you cool Alita...~ she thought to herself to keep calm. ~It'll be revealed soon enough. We'll all understand what's going to happen to us soon enough.~
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee
Spook

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:58 pm

I NOTE THAT YOU ARE ARMED:

Good, we shall proceed. The trail is hot and we will find the Drosselmeyer soon, I think. Proceed to the main deck please. I don't believe you will need further encouragement from here on out. From on deck spotting flying airships should be much easier to spot.

~Sinclair
--------

Serget clambered up to the main deck, stun mace in hand. He looked back at the stairway briefly before directing his gaze skywards. Every now and then ship passed by, clearing the horizon and blocking the sun. The Reaver looked out to the north and waited for Carrigan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Harrisburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   New Harrisburg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Harrisburg
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Intel Room :: Forum Fun! :: RPG-
Jump to: