New Harrisburg

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lilith
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Carrigan came out, her suit gleaming dully in the sunlight. The doll wound around her Reavers arm, rubbing her head against it while the suit made a dull clicking noise, like a modem purring. It stopped though once she stopped moving. She looked up into the sky, checking for the Drosslemyer.

"That man is very...bossy. I don't like how he orders us around."

Now sweetly lies old Ireland
Emerald green beyond the foam,
Awakening sweet memories,
Calling the heart back home.
Ireland, it's the one place on earth
That heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth,
And meadow and mist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://centralspies.bravehost.com
Spook
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:06 pm

"I'm not that fond of it either, Carri. But those men are pretty dangerous looking, don't want you getting hurt." Serget leaned back on the mast and saw a strange shape on the horizon. His eyes followed it until their human companion joined them.

In rivers and rivers,
So put on my mask,
I'll go where they ask,
So I might once again see the Roses of May~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:09 pm

A lump formed in Alita throat as she looked at where they were going...and what was going to happen. This was a raid....they were going to board this mysterious ship Drosselmyer. But what means to an end does this bring? What exactly is on this ship that you would need a mechanic, a doll and...well a protector of some kinda for the doll to do this man's dirty work. Just what was going on?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilith
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Carrigan turned her head and regarded the mechanic, Alita, with a tilt of her head.

"How peculiar. What is a mechanic like her...on this job for? Are we supposed to take the ship?" She pulled out a pack of Tarot cards that came with other Reavers and mannequins on them. She smiled behind her mask and drew four cards after shuffling them.

"The three of pentacles, the ace of swords, and the Moon..." She smiled here and giggled putting them away. "Interesting. Very interesting."

That heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth,
And meadow and mist.
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 pm

The Reaver stood up and squinted at the shape on the horizon, trying to decipher just what it WAS. It looked like a large shadowy sphere with jutting jagged spikes and broken forms protruding seemingly randomly from it. No other detail could be determined by his eye at this distance. "Carri, do you see that shape over there? Can you see it better than I?"

In rivers and rivers,
So put on my mask,
I'll go where they ask,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Alita was about to ask just what those cards meant when she heard Serget talk about the object above them in the sky. From there her voice caught in her throat.

~Just...just what is this?~ she thought. ~Is this the ship the Drosselmyer?! And if so...HOW are we suppose to get into that thing?!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilith
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Carrigan squinted and let her unnatural eyes get a better look. She then took her helmet off to scent the wind. There was blood on it, the tangy scent of death and the earthy smell of...something.

"It is the ship we seek. I smell the blood upon their hands, and the peril they left behind." She hid herself behind her Reaver, knowing that while Rejected had duller senses the the pure Mannequins, they would still be able to smell her as well.

That heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth,
And meadow and mist.
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Alita could feel herself tremble slightly and she clenched her fists to overcome it.

~Cannot be afraid...~ she thought to herself. ~Not here. I cannot allow myself to show any fear in a place such as this. Whatever the cost...these people whatever it is they're planning. We go in get it and go. That's the main thing. No more, no less. Cannot be afraid Alita, show no fear.~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spook
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 pm

A MESSAGE OF MY SINCEREST DISTRESS:

Friends, it appears they have the jump on us. I am disappointed to say you will be going down with the ship. Goodbye.
~Sinclair
-----

Serget let out a string of curses at the message on his wrist as his eyepiece focused with the burst of adrenaline and other stimulative chemicals surging through his body. He watched the ship like an eagle and saw a cracked porcelain frame hobbling towards a massive cannon. Reacting incredibly quickly due to the toxic stims in his bloodstream, Serget ripped a strip of fabric from his shirt and cracked open his breather with his fingers. Pale purplish liquid poured onto the cloth and he snapped the breather back into place. He removed his breather and replaced it with the soaked cloth in one smooth motion, then jammed the breather onto the human's face and grabbed Carrigan and their new companion, holding the porcelain girl tightly. "We're going down. Hold on tight."

In rivers and rivers,
So put on my mask,
I'll go where they ask,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilith
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Carrigan curled herself close to his frame, hiding her face in his neck with a nod. She vowed to herself she would hunt down this Sinclair fellow and make him pay if her Reaver came to harm. As it stood now, she would have to be remoulded after this jump. Clay simply wasn't strong enough even with her dear Serget to protect her. The human, would be mostly alright.

She whined and wound her arms around his neck and nodded.

"I trust you."

That heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth,
And meadow and mist.
Back to top Go down
Spook
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Serget held his breath and jumped off the deck mere seconds before the looming ship fired. The group plummeted through the air, watching the ship tear apart and crumble in mid air. The reaver looked down at the lack of ships below them. They had moved out of the Sprawl. Serget tensed, knowing he had to do what must be done. The protected was more important than the protecter, after all...

The guardian pulled his charge close and focused. He screamed in agony as the scars of Carrigan's Purification spread across his skin, and as Carrigan became slowly encased in an impact-proof living shell. He barely managed to keep his grip on her hand before he passed out from the pain.

The group looked into the violet abyss, and plummeted downwards.

In rivers and rivers,
So put on my mask,
I'll go where they ask,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:29 pm

"WHAT?!" Alita Exclaimed as she heard what was going on. But that was all she could say as she heard what Serget said next.

The ship was going down...the ship THEY WERE ON was GOING DOWN.

Panic and fear were about to settle into her but she refused to give into it. As the ship prepared to fire she jumped along with the others and glanced back as she saw the ship fall apart in the air. Just how was that possible she never know but what remained now was the task here and now.

They were free falling down, down, down, but to where they land and where would they go from here? That would be the ultimate now wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilith
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Carrigan woke to the sound of her Reaver's heart beat. It was a comforting sound, one that had been there when she was 'born' and one she knew she'd hear at her end. But she found she couldn't move no matter how she tried. A helpless whimper escaped her. Why must he always do this for her, why was she built to be so helpless? She twitched in her cocoon, waiting for her protector to awake.

That heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth,
And meadow and mist.
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Alita's body felt stiff...sore...like lead...had she fallen all the way down....?? A debree of sheet around her a parachute? When did she deploy it?? In the midst of the freefall? She couldn't remember, her mind was such a daze. None the less, she got up slowly and looked about. She was alive to say the least and her weapons she brought with her?? Quickly checking over her satchel to find the ammo still there and her weaponry still strapped still her sides. Still present and accounted for. And her trusty side arm...still in it's holster.

Alita was alive, she was still armed, but where in the world was she? And to top it all off where were the others that had fallen with her?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spook
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Serget saw his charge hit the forest canopy in a brief flash of consciousness. He blacked out once again as he crashed into the branches, impacting heavily with the cold ground.

The Reaver's eyes flickered opened and he saw Carrigan's pod in a tree to his left. He groaned and rolled over. The human was likely safe, but there wasn't much fluid left in that breather, and the gas down here was not friendly to humans, nor to Reavers for that matter, but Serget could deal with a little chest pain. He doubted the human could deal with her lungs being torn to shreds. He gingerly got to his feet and unsheathed his rifle, shooting down the branches that held the pod. He reached out and leaned sleepily on the pod, willing the living tissue to relax. Pale liquid flowed out the bottom of the cocoon and Carrigan popped out, unharmed. With a sigh of relief, the guardian collapsed.

In rivers and rivers,
So put on my mask,
I'll go where they ask,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilith
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Carrigan stood up on unsteady legs, stumbling over to Serget, placing cool hands on his face gently. She disliked it when he was harmed for her sake. She vowed to get stronger so he would not have to put himself through such agony. Her helmet was lost, as was their ship. She placed a gentle kiss on her Reaver's cheek and looked around for the human.

"I'm sorry, Serget." She rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes, her clockwork innards clicking away like a metronome.

That heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth,
And meadow and mist.
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Alita wandered about as she tried looking for any sign of life. But so far nothing seemed to be recognizable, nothing seemed to be the shape of any one of the people she saw before hand. Just where were they???

"Hello???" She called out. "Her voice echoing out into the air. "Anyone???"

Silence and stillness was her reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spook
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Serget smiled weakly at Carrigan and closed his hand on hers. "Come on Carri. Let's go find the human." He ran his hand over the tender new scars as they walked on.

In rivers and rivers,
So put on my mask,
I'll go where they ask,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilith
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Carrigan gave him a sad look, kissing one of the scars gently. She drew three cards from her deck, her eyes narrowing on them in displeasure.

"The Reversed High Preistess, The upright Death, The upright nine of staves." She hummed and began scouting ahead a bit, still in sight of her dear Serget, but enough that she could warm him of anything ahead of them.

That heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth,
And meadow and mist.
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Again Alita called out into the stillness...again there was nothing as she looked about. An eerie feeling was beginning to creep over her. It was then Alita decided that was enough calling out to the others for the time being. Should she find the others, it would be within a matter of time. And that was all she had for the time being no more no less. All she had to now...was survive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spook
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Serget briefly removed his soaked makeshift scarf and took a deep unfiltered breath. The gas felt like daggers going down his nasal cavity, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. He smelled the vaguely alcoholic scent of the nullifier liquid in the air. The human would be somewhere nearby. He spied a large white cloth from between the trees, a parachute. She couldn't possibly be far off.

In rivers and rivers,
So put on my mask,
I'll go where they ask,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilith
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Carrigan flitted through the trees and came upon the human, Alita. She smiled slightly, motioning for Serget that she'd found her before moving forward.

"We assumed you dead, you are well prepared for a human. Well done."

That heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth,
And meadow and mist.
Back to top Go down
FaeoresWind
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Alita turned seeing Carrigan and Serget coming towards her and let out a sigh of relief. At last some uneasiness had lifted from her. But the next question was, what to do now that they were together? And where exactly where they to begin with??

"So...Do either of you know where we are exactly?" she asked scratching the back of her head, looking skyward towards the clouds, "I know this is the surface...but where exactly are we...and how do we get back up there again?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spook
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Serget tilted his head at the human. "Obviously a bit past the Sprawl, sitting down here as we are. A more pressing question at the moment is what we are going to do about my breather on your face slowly running out of fluid."

In rivers and rivers,
So put on my mask,
I'll go where they ask,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilith
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Harrisburg   Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Carrigan looked around before smiling cruelly. With barely a sound she took off into the underbrush. The others heard screams and then the sound of bones breaking and flesh squishing. Carrigan came back dragging a bloody lump of cloth and holding a fluid covered heavy gas mask. A streak of blood marred her cheek as she smiled, offering it to Serget and then pulling out extra fluid tanks from the bloody bundle.

"There was a camp near by. SO I took their things. Including a map!"

That heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth,
And meadow and mist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content